If you haven’t already, grab one of the Saturate Summer 2018 Guides from Rick in the teen room. It has all the instructions that you’ll need for the summer. Most of what I’m saying here is repeated on that guide.
This summer, we will saturate ourselves in God’s word. Each week we will be reading a passing and completing exercises that help us think about those passages. Then, on Wednesday nights we will discuss the work we have been doing.
Each week read and re-read the assigned passage, complete the SOAP exercises in your journal, then use what you learned from those exercises to complete each week’s section in the guide. You can do this all at once, or slowly throughout the week (recommended).
Write out one or more of the verses from the passage that catch your attention.
Write down what you notice about this passage. What is the main point? How would you summarize this passage?
Make it personal. How does this passage relate to your life? Are there things you should quit doing or start doing? What is God teaching you from this passage?
In light of what you’ve learned, spend some time with God. Write down a short prayer to God. It can be thanking God for truths you’ve learned in the passage, asking God for forgiveness, or asking for help in living this out in your life.
At the end of the summer, complete the looking back section of this guide to record the lessons these books and these exercises have taught you.
- By June 6 read 1 Peter 1:1-12
- By June 13 read 1 Peter 1:13-25
- By June 20 read 1 Peter 2:1-12
- By June 27 read 1 Peter 2:13-25
- By July 11 read 1 Peter 3
- By July 18 read 1 Peter 4
- By July 25 read 1 Peter 5
- By August 1st read 2 Peter 1
- By August 8nd read 2 Peter 2
- By August 15th read 2 Peter 3
- Thursday/Friday - Read the passage and write out in your journal one or more of the verses from the passage that catch your attention.
Friday/Saturday - Read the passage and complete the observation step.
Saturday/Sunday - Read the passage and complete the application step.
Sunday/Monday - Read the passage and complete the prayer step.
Monday/Tuesday - Read the passage and fill-in this week’s section in your guide.